Inspired by Nixie's post of the first 10 things she plans to do when she wins the majorly ridiculously large jackpot in the lottery tonight, I've decided to come up with a list of my own. So Nixie, I hope you don't mind sharing the jackpot with me.
I thought this would be easier than it is but here goes...
1. Erase all debt for me and my family. Literally the first check I'd cut would be to pay off my parent's house for them and put 2 new cars in the driveway. It's a short list of things I wouldn't do to erase their worries. I'd invest heavily in some pervious concrete. I'd also set up a college fund for the nephew. Thankfully I don't have a ton of debt, but I'd pay off all of what I do have.
2. I'd sell my house and buy a nice one closer to the city. Not a HUGE one, but a nice one. With a fenced in yard and white trim. And then I'd buy one just a few blocks away for my brother and nephew.
3. I'd probably get another car. Honestly, I really love my little Saturn but I'd could go for a fun car. I'm not sure what that is (this makes me feel old, as 9th grade Angie always had a dream car in mind! Maybe I'd make 9th grade Angie's dreams and get her that Hennessy Venom Viper she was always talking about...)
4. I'd take my dad to Texas for all of high school football season, my brother to Amsterdam when the tulips are in bloom and my mom New York City to see musicals til her heart's content.
5. I'd buy season tickets to the Brewers and Packers for me and all my fam for the rest of our lives. And I'd see if I could pay Aaron Rodgers to marry me. (worth a try, no?)
6. I'd get a condo downtown Minneapolis so I could go up there and stay whenever I wanted. And let my friends use it when I'm not around.
7. I'd quit my job and find a hundred million charities and organizations to devote my time to. I'd fill as much time as I do now with work with helping people and reasons I'm passionate about. Maybe I'd even go back to coaching? (I said MAYBE!)
8. Travel, travel, travel.
9. HELLO SHOPPING. Clothes, furniture, decorations, presents, presents, presents for everyone and their mother.
10. Put it away. Find someone who knows what the hell they're doing with money and have them tell me what to do with it all. Yes, this is last on the list. I think with a jackpot this size, I'll be safe.
So be nice now, I'll remember it when I'm rolling around in money. (Literally, that would be number 9.5.)