Whatever it may be, life has this way about it. A way of slapping you right across the face with good stuff and great people and all of a sudden you're totally reminded to stop and enjoy it. I've been slapped, hard. I know I wasn't super upset about anything but I was in a little bit of a funk, during what I called the perfect storm. The funk has cleared. For many reasons, some of which I'm going to share. Others I'm going to keep to myself. (Well Mom & Kyle also get to know because they're gchat all-stars who brighten my day with random comments and stories. Lucky them.)
- There are 10, TEN Christmas trees currently being put up around our office today. And lights and garland and bows. HELL YES. Christmas is here.
- I drank last night and feel like a million bucks this morning - hangovers be warned, I'm beginning to outsmart you!
- We're almost to Thanksgiving which means, Christmas is almost here!
- Tonight I get to go see the Avett Brothers with my family. That's how cool we are. Jealous?
- It's been a LONG time since just the nucleus fam got to spend time together - looking forward to the original 4 hanging out.
- Then after I get done seeing an awesome show with my fam, I'm going to have some really awesome visitors from MN waiting for me at my house!
- Tomorrow I get to hang out with the MN visitors, take my nephew to Happy Feet 2, go celebrate the last few days of singlehood of a friend, and then spend even MORE time with those MN friends.
- I am working on an awesome project at work. It's all new stuff, I feel like a total rock star for being able to figure out so much stuff I've never worked on before. It's a huge campaign and I am literally doing flips inside for how excited I am that I get to work on it.
- My boss and I have hit this total stride where we're getting each other, getting along and really at a great place. It's awesome.
- Christmas is almost here! (Did I mention that?)
- I tried out a sweet new color at my pedicure last weekend and I'm STILL loving it each time I see it. (It's the little things people!)
- Next to Normal is coming to Milwaukee. Mom & I saw this in Chicago and I loved it. I'm dying to see it again.
- Someone, a stranger who doesn't know me and isn't my mom, read my blog and complimented me on it. It entirely made my day. (Not that I don't love when people who DO know me tell me they like it! But you all already know my style.)
- My brother made me laugh so hard today on the phone at work I had people concerned about my ability to breath. We were talking about windbreakers.
Looking forward to riding this wave of goodness right on through the weekend. Happy Friday y'all - have a good one.