"You have your period. You're funking from getting back from MN (happens every time). It's the perfect storm of crazy emotions. DO NOT make any major decisions or public statements of opinion."
So I'm not publishing that post (but as Kyle pointed out, I've put it down and let it out - even if y'all never get to read it - and that made me feel better.)
So instead you're getting sort of a random stream of consciousness.
- A Twitter friend suggested letting my twitter followers suggest some words I need to weave into a post. So I did. So far I have carpetbagger and zombies (that's going to be a promising post).
- I made a new friend at work (who's NOT on my immediate team) and we're going out to Happy Hour next week. For some reason this makes me feel substantially more grown-up than it should. (I own a home...happy hour with a new work friend should not be the definition of a grown up. Related: My mind is an interesting place.)
- I've cried more times than appropriate (even for me) this week. I've got all sorts of crazy running around in this body. I blame the period (sorry any male readers, I said the "p-word" twice now), head trauma and dog fight. That's too much for one week. Oh and Parenthood and Grey's Anatomy. Damn those shows, damn them right to hell. (But seriously? The birthday cards on Parenthood? I died.)
- I've been listening to Christmas music all week and I'm considering making this a year long "thing." You cannot be in a bad mood when you hear Christmas music. Just try it. (P.S. If you can be in a bad mood, you're the grinch. Just FYI.)
- Three different holiday related volunteer opportunities came in this week and I said a resounding YES to all of them. I'm beyond excited. AND, I get to do all 3 of them with my mom :)
- One of them is this event. This will be something like my 11th year doing it. I'm beyond excited. I could cry just thinking about it. (Seriously, I have a leak or something.)
- I found an extra vacation day today! I thought I used 'em all up but I didn't!
- I will be off more days than I'll be working in December. Does anyone still wonder why I love December so much?!
- Mom just gchatted me to tell me radio stations started playing xmas music...and there was a lot of !!! after it. Am I her daughter or what? Then she said my dad is the only man she knows who rushes into Christmas as much as she does. No questions of adoption around these parts.
- My nephew says, "Let's bounce" when he's ready to leave somewhere. He's 3.
- Kyle told me today he has been checking for a new post daily this week. And then I died via flattery.
- Last night I came the closest I ever have to dying due to cuteness. The kitten and pup really turned it up last night and I almost couldn't stand it. (Related: this could be why I'll be single forever.)
That's probably a long enough visit to my brain for a Friday afternoon. Oh! And feel free to put suggestions in the comments of this post for things you'd like me to weave into future posts. Or post suggestions in general. If you don't, it's likely you're going to continue hearing about my petting zoo.
Disclaimer: I had no idea (until reading this whole post to proof it) how many times I say "seriously" and site reasons I've "died"...which in this post were apparently from cuteness, flattery and sad situations on a TV. Yup, I've got a good, solid grip on reality!