I've been going to bed ridiculously early (last night I was asleep before 10:00 p.m.) and waking up much later than usual (thank goodness for my naturally curly hair and the ability to be up and ready for work in under 30 mins.) My brain has been working double time at work these last couple weeks, combined with my working out schedule and the stress WI sports teams have put on me and by 8:00 p.m. I'm downright sleepy. Last night as I struggled to stay awake through Grey's Anatomy (yes, the show that is FINISHED by 9:00) I remembered just a few years ago when I had weekly Grey's viewing parties that rarely STARTED by 9:00. Ah, to be young again!
Sometimes, like last night, I think to myself "If I lived with someone right now, I might not be able to get my 9+ hours of sleep at night...they could interrupt that. Oh! And what if they don't want to watch Grey's? Then I'd be watching it and falling asleep in bed and they'd be all waking me up when they decided to come to bed at the ridiculous hour of 11:00?!" (Yeah, I have a tv in my bedroom. Yes, I know "experts" say that's a bad idea. I combat that "expertise" by repeating that I sleep 9+ hours a night. I don't think I'm having any problems with sleep, thankyouverymuch. Oh and also, I live by myself and do what I want. So suck it, experts.)
Since this post clearly has no point thus far, let's keep that up with some random bullets.
- I have been keeping up on my working out. As exhibited by my penguin stickers on my calendar. Just looking at all those penguin heads gives me motivation! (Seriously, the same trick people use to potty train their children seems to keep me excited about working out.)
- This week I'm taking a little baby risk. I am not working out over lunch today because I need to get out of here early so I can cheer for the Brewers (they need me) and the game starts at 4:00. That means in order to get to my magic number of 4 I need to work out tomorrow and Sunday. If you do the math on that, I need to NOT drink so much tonight that I'm hungover for my favoritist spin class tomorrow at 8:30. Which could be tough if we're celebrating a W here people!
- I've officially scheduled monthly trips to MPLS through the end of the year. I'm pretty happy about this.
- I met a boring guy with a horrible laugh last weekend...and that concludes my update on my dating life.
- My brother keeps talking about never wanting to date again, ever. I know that's not what I want, but I have to admit he makes it sound pretty appealing.
- Yesterday I was really annoyed by a co-worker and I typed about 10 different tweets (out of frustration) and ended up deleting them all and not posting anything. This was strangely therapeutic for me.
- My dad sent me the commencement speech Steve Jobs gave in '05 today. There's lots of good in there, but my favorite is "Stay hungry. Stay foolish." This might become one of my many life mottos.
Enjoy your Friday, have a good weekend and of course, GO BREWERS!