I still feel like I'm a little bit a member of Team Struggle. This doesn't come as a surprise as today is my first day back in the "real world." I had off Friday, Homecoming festivities Saturday, Game day festivities on Sunday, off on Monday, worked from home on Tuesday. The combination of lack of sleep, more drinking than normal, lots of driving, many emotions, and a lack of routine has proven more than my mind and body were prepared for.
It's not like I'm doing anything crazy stupid, but I'm in that haze you often spend your time in after a lot of acting younger than your age. This leads to really ridiculously special thoughts. And I figured, it was too fun not to share. These are legitimate thoughts I've had today.
- I wonder if I'll ever find a pair of aviators that look good.
- That guy is dressed in all black, I'll call him Johnny Cash.
- Why can't I find the home button on IE8?
- Is it possible I'm still a little drunk? What if booze stayed in your system for as long as weed does...that would be nuts.
- Ha, look at you Johnny Cash!
- I told my boss she made a "drawering" a la Mike Meyers as Simon from SNL.
- I had to google "Mike Meyers" to make sure that was the right guy.
- I answered the phone, "Hello" when my brother called and with just that one word, he asked, "Why I are you confused?" (and I was.)
- If everyone in my meetings had a British accent, I bet I'd pay closer attention.