Tuesday, September 6, 2011

All my "friends"

Before I panicked about Blogger's new interface, I did some reviewing of the statistics about my blog. I don't usually check statistics of my blog, because my "fan base" consists of "followers" who I see on a pretty frequent basis. So my statistics usually go something like my mom telling me she read my blog post. Or my friends telling me I don't need to tell them updates because they've already read the post. (Hi friends! Hi mom!)

The statistics did inform me of some searches that have led people to my blog, including my favorite three:
  1. "16 and pregnant is stupid" (that post also got 249 page views, I bet my mom is so proud! Also, my how my opinion has changed.)
  2. "OMG. WTF. FML."
  3. "is milwaukee an indian name"
This made me pretty happy.

However, the discovery that made me the happiest is that Charm City Kim, who's blog was one of the very first blogs I ever got hooked on, has me listed on her Blog Roll under a title that sounds like I wrote it, "Bloggers Who I Pretend I Know in Real Life Because I Read Their Blogs so often…" For serious. I know that at least once, I have referenced something I read on Kim's blog by saying, "One of my friends..." because that's far easier than saying, "Oh, I heard something like that on a blog I read daily, written by a person I have never met, don't know and probably will never know in a real life situation."

So without further ado I give you my list of "Bloggers Who I Pretend I Know in Real Life Because I Read Their Blogs so often…"

Amy of The Book Worm Wife - Though, to be fair, Amy lives in Milwaukee so I suppose at some point it's more realistic I could meet her than the others. Plus she pretty much play-by-played their entire wedding planning process. I was hooked.

John & Sherry of Young House Love - Seriously, I long to have as much creative DIY talent in my whole body as these people do in their right thumb.

Jen of Prior Fat Girl - She lives in Minneapolis and sometimes wishes she lived in Milwaukee, which logically (in my head at least) makes me feel like I pretty much know her in real life.

Rachel of The Life and Lessons of Rachel Wilkerson - I don't remember how I found her but pretty much feel like we're old friends. This girl cracks me up, tells it like it is, and uses words like bangover and sorostitute. What's not to love?

Annie of Hootenannie - If Rachel is my internet friend because she is like me, Annie is my internet friend because she has so many qualities I envy in other people. She's kind and has this quiet but endearing presence. And her words could move mountains, I'm sure of it. Oh, and the girl can sing. (Which I most definitely CANNOT.)

Jessica of How Sweet Eats - As with many of these I'm a fool for thinking I'm introducing you to anything new, but in case you live under a rock and don't know about her. Get on it. She's hilarious, and teaches you to cook delicious delicious things. Sometimes with butter. Often with bacon.

Andrea & Renata of Andrea & Renata - These two make amazing things happen on film (or I suppose now in the digital age it's, "on film"). I still hope I can find a way to consider them Milwaukee is a destination and have them come document my wedding day. However by then I'm certain they'll be too busy photographing famous celebs and their weddings...they're that good!

Katie of From MaGerks to I Dos - Katie, without knowing it, more than once has helped me put my life in perspective when I think the world could be ending from a minor situation. She maintains this positive attitude no matter how much chaos her life has from raising the cutest little girl in the world.

1 comment:

  1. "I have referenced something I read on Kim's blog by saying, "One of my friends..." because that's far easier than saying, "Oh, I heard something like that on a blog I read daily, written by a person I have never met, don't know and probably will never know in a real life situation.""

    -- that line made me laugh out loud. I talk about bloggers like I know them in real life too ALL THE TIME.

    ReplyDelete