Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Random thoughts on this Rainy Hump Day

I had intentions of putting together a cohesive post...then I had about 50 thoughts at once and figured today's a great day for some random thoughts.

Yesterday, in a training session, the speaker said, "always go to the ridiculous." He meant in a customer meeting setting, I took it in a broader sense and am happy to say I do this 99% of the time already. Consider it done.

I started the Couch to 5k running program again. Or c25k as I like to call it. This is only like the third time I've given it a try. Although I felt substantially less like dying yesterday than the last times I started it. So there's that.

I just started drinking coffee in the morning. This morning I finished my first EVER full bag of coffee beans. I'm pretty much a full fledged grown-up now, just thought you should know.

The fact that my animals woke up to wrestle at 5:00 a.m. combined with this rainy weather makes for a sleepy Angie. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep for a quick minute while waiting for the elevator. Mama needs a nap.

I have no idea why I always say, "mama needs..." but I do. Some day I'll have kids & it will seem less strange.

Last night I sobbed like a little baby at Biggest Loser AND Glee. I kept trying not to cry and it totally backfired on me. I have swollen eyelids this morning. (The aftermath of a solid cry for my face is just sad...if you ever seen it, you know. There's no hiding when I've been crying.)

I bought a new pair of jeans and they're a size smaller than I was previously wearing (as that size was too baggy!) This is good news, but they're a wee bit snug. I've been wearing them around the house to stretch them out.

I have a date. It has officially been put on the calendar for tomorrow. Looks like I'll be sleeping in my jeans tonight in preparation.

My cat and dog took turns being wackadoodles this morning. No lie, they were both bat shit crazy. Running from room to room, making all these weird noises, and then they'd just stop and look at me. They're both usually pretty damn weird but this morning it got strange enough that I felt like I was taking crazy pills. Someone put the quarter in both of them.

Finally, I need to improve the nicknames I've been giving the various characters in my life. One of them might end up being my boyfriend and I'll have to explain why I called him Old Guy or Laundromat earlier on.

That's all for now. Visits inside of my brain need to be in short doses. Trust me, it's for your own safety. :)

Happy Hump Day Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment