Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lady Bieber

I will be the first to admit that while I'm proud of the eclectic nature of my music taste, this can be both a positive and a negative quality. There are very few types of music I just absolutely can't handle. Actually, just one. Screaming. That's not pleasurable to hear and I don't think you need talent to scream. My nephew does it all the time when he's pretending to be a monkey, and quite frankly he's also considerably cuter when he does it.

This is a marketable quality because I listen to just about ANYTHING anyone else does. I can go from CSNY to Tupac, Mumford & Sons to Cee Lo. Seriously, it's across the board. Big names, small bands. Old and new. However, because I open my ears to so many varying artists and songs, the occasional "bad" song sneaks on it. Okay, maybe it's not all that occasional. Fine, I have an inappropriate number of CD's with R. Kelly's "Gotham City" * on it. Happy?

I like a lot of what many would consider bad music. It mostly falls into the top 40 category, or bad 90's pop. There are many one hit wonders that I thoroughly enjoy. And the unfortunate part for those around me who have a distaste for these "bad" songs is that once a song makes my favorite list, I rarely get sick of them. There are some songs I have listened to easily 100 times and I would listen to it 3 times in a row right now (Hint: Gotham City is SO one of those songs).

Maybe it's all the all over the place stuff happening in life right now, maybe I'm seeking some extra empowerment. Whatever it is, Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber may or may not have seeped into this category. (I can't believe I just said that). They have not yet hit "favorited" status yet. I think eventually I will tire of them (in fact, I kind of already am). But in the mean time, I am so Never Saying Never and have no intentions of apologizing because I was clearly Born this Way.

Really where else is there to go with this post. I've admitted to liking Justin Bieber. Color me 16 and haul me away.

*That song is from one of my FAVORITE Batman movies of all time and I recorded the song on TAPES from the RADIO every time it came on so I could have a copy of it. I have the music video still on VHS at my parents house. Pre-pee on girls R.Kelly was so awesome. He just wanted Gotham to be a city of justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment