Monday, March 28, 2011

Everything likes company.

We all know the phrase, "misery loves company." And it's incredibly true. But I really think anyone and everything likes company. I'm not in misery right now. Sure, I'm sad a little bit. And sometimes I wish things were different...but I'm hardly miserable. I sure do love company though!

Sometimes when things we don't want to happen do, we feel like everyone else has what we want. (Honestly, if I saw one more couple at the gym yesterday kissing, I was going to start throwing things.) I don't want to be single. I don't like being single. Of course there's times where it has it's perks. I got to eat mac & cheese with cutup hotdogs for dinner while watching a chick flick in bed and no one was there to judge or complain. But for the most part, I prefer to have someone to share life with. I've got tons of great people in my life and I love every single one of them to pieces. When I'm fortunate enough to get time with them, I soak up every minute. But currently, all those people being loved to pieces? Have someone to go to home to that they love to pieces. I understand with the lack of college and the addition of years, it's only natural that people are becoming more inclined to pairing off. I don't blame them for one single second. However, just because I don't blame, doesn't mean I don't become extremely jealous. I'm not perfect people!

Sometimes it's just nice to know you're not alone in all this crazy. Especially when some of the other people you know who are going through the same thing are AWESOME. People you consider yourself so damn lucky for knowing. People who rock so hard it's impossible to see how someone hasn't snatched them up. And then I think to myself, no one awesome enough has come along for them yet. You have to wait for that kind of incredible. And maybe just maybe, that's what's happening to me.

When life is throwing lemons at you (I don't believe life has ever politely handed me lemons...it's usually hurling them in my direction...and damn, life has some pretty good aim sometimes), it's nice to know someone else is out there dodging citrus as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment