Wednesday, December 1, 2010

One Word

Since the whole 30(ish) days thing blew up, I decided I'd try a different kind of prompts. It's called #reverb10. From their website: Reverb 10 is an annual event and online initiative to reflect on your year and manifest what’s next. The end of the year is an opportunity to reflect on what's happened, and to send out reverberations for the year ahead. With Reverb 10, we'll do both.

I'm a total sucker for reflection and manifestation. My dad had us setting goals as far back as I can remember and I've always been a fan - so this seems to be right up my alley. Plus, it totally reinforces the whole point of the blog - to help me remember life. (Vague, I know.)

So today's prompt: Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?

2010: Stability
Sure things changed for me a bit in 2010. I got a new position that I absolutely love, working for a boss who I'm nothing short of excited to be working for. But I'm still with the same company and since I really eased into a long transition period into this position, it didn't feel like a real abrupt change. And I'm a-okay with that, as I've never been into big changes.

For the most part though, things stayed the same. And I couldn't be happier about it. I'm feeling really comfortable with where I'm at with a lot of things in my life. I'm very content with my relationship. I know loads of progress have been made in our relationship over the past year and as we close out 2010, we are more stable than I ever imagined a relationship could be. After some ups and downs in the beginning, this year we managed to even out and really find our groove.

My other relationships have maintained throughout this year as well. I still see my family at least once a week (a relationship I'm so happy and blessed to have). My friends who are my friends are still a thriving force in my life and continue to shape who I am and why I do what I do. I've got a strong unit of best friends who have continued to enhance my life throughout 2010.

There have been surprises, let downs, and adjustments in life this year - as I anticipate there will be every year. But for the most part 2010 has kept me stable and comfortable. After a few years of not so stable, I'll take it!

2011: Growth
I am really hoping to take the stability I've found in 2010 and use it to launch some serious growth in 2011. Not necessarily change, as I'm not anticipating any HUGE changes to the way life is now, but I'd like to be able to build on my stable foundation and grow. I want to break out of some of my comfort zones. Seek out my weaknesses and try to improve on them. I'd like to take the year of comfortable and really use it to ramp up to a year of growth and development. In work, in relationships, in personal life. There's a lot of ways I can make that happen, and will make that happen. What better time to grow than following a period of stable contentment?

No comments:

Post a Comment