Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sharing my wisdom

...that I got from Real Simple. Seriously, if you don't currently get / read this magazine (or steal it from you mom when she's done with it, like I am currently doing) you have NO idea what you're missing. It's the most all inclusive magazine I have found yet. It not only makes you want to be a more well-rounded individual, but also tells you how to become one!

In one month they'll give you fitness tips, time saving tricks, simple alternate uses for common household items, affordable work outfits and delicious recipes. I can't say enough wonderful things about this magazine. And just to show you how wonderful it is...here's possibly my FAVORITE thing I've ever learned from Real Simple. It came to me the other day as I was reading Rachel's post on How to Avoid FEMA Pancakes. And while I still restrict myself to using premixed batter (not quite grown up enough yet), I have discovered a way (thanks to Real Simple) to not drip batter everywhere.

Next time you squeeze out that last drop of Ketchup, DO NOT throw away the bottle. Wash it and throw it in the disaster cupboard. You know the one, the place you store all containers and covers you've acquired along the way. The dreaded Tupperware cupboard. (I always think it's funny I still call it that, even though it doesn't house a single piece of Tupperware...mostly Gladware, I should call it the Gladware cupboard.) Anyway - that cupboard where you open carefully, throw something it and quick shut it before the bowl falls out. (I KNOW I'm not alone on this one).
You'll be so thankful you saved it, next time you get the pancake cravings. Make your batter as per usual, but instead of trying to cleanly transfer batter to pan via that measuring cup, simply funnel the batter into that empty ketchup bottle. And just squeeze out your perfectly portioned and mess free pancakes!

Voila!
Photo from Real Simple Magazine

Now don't say I never taught you anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment