Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Workin' on my fitness.

Oh Fergie Ferg, you're so creative.

Anyways, I thought I'd update on where I'm at with all these wonderful health goals I set. I fell off the wagon a bit over the holidays (hell, the wagon sort of took a new path, lost its wheels and set up shop in the land of fatties). But I was determined to get back on (even if I had to build a new damn wagon).

My goals are two fold. Exercise and food. Shocking, right? I know, it's a really innovative plan to lose weight - you may not have heard of it before.

I have been eating better - C & I are trying to make more meals at home, searching our favorite Cooking Light Cookbook & website for recipes to make that are new and exciting. We're trying to find substitutes for the meals we INSIST on eating multiple times a month. (Sliders, wings, things primarily fried, covered in cheese and fried again). Things that we can alter just a few things that leave them still delicious but better than had we chosen them off the menu at a restaurant. I have made more meals at home and overall we're eating healthier. Can I still do better? Absolutely. Am I still choosing somethings I shouldn't be? Oh, hell yes. But I'm working on phasing those things out and making them fewer and farther between. So yes, self-induced pat on my back for that.

Exercise (took me four times to spell that correctly - which appropriately reflects my familiarity with it over the last month) has been a bit of a different story. As the competition cheer season came to a close - things got down right hectic. I had practice, games and competition almost every night of the weeknight and getting home at 8:00 only lent itself to EITHER making dinner or working out and (shocker) I chose eating. Then as soon as cheer was over - I got sick as a dog. And I'll tell you right now, it is hard enough for me to drag my ass to the gym (aka my basement) when I'm feeling 100% and literally have NOTHING else to do. So when I'm sick, there's not a snowball's chance in hell that I'm workin' on my fitness (does that still work or did hell get snow this month...ya never know, if FL saw snow, I'm not so sure hell's in the clear! Also - why do I love that "just workin' on my fitness" line so much?!).

Have no fear though - I'm improving. After trying Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred on Exercise on Demand I liked enough to shell out the $10 at Target and actually own it. This was about 2 weeks ago. After moving it from the kitchen table to the kitchen counter, to the table again, then to the other side of the counter, I finally decided this was the week I got back into kicking my own ass on the regular. I'm also still pretty determined that I'm going to shock the world and run a 5k at some point in 2010. So I've found a Couch to 5K program...or as I'm affectionately referring to it, C25K (reminds me of BP2k5). So I've decided I'll alternate. The C25K program gives you 3 workouts a week. I've set my goal to workout at least 4 times a week but secretly (or not so secretly) really am hoping I can get in 5 times. So I'll C25K it and then sneak in some Shred in between there. The funny thing is, on days I C25K I think to myself, "ugh, I SO wish it was a shred day...that work out is so much more fun/easy/entertaining". Then on shred days, I'm all "UGH, why can't it be a C25k day?!"

Point is - I am not yet back into that "Hooray! It's time to work out, I just can't WAIT to get to working out!" mode. Yeah, I was there once, back in 2008 for like a month. I was almost there again at the beginning of this year and am really hoping it's right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment