Monday, February 8, 2010

Twentyten State Champs!!

we won! we won! we won!!!


After a ton of work, lots of effort, struggles galore, tears here and there, I am so excited to say that I have again successfully coached a cheerleading squad to a state championship! Honestly I had no idea what to expect going into Saturday. Up until the past week, things had been somewhat shaky at best - the talent was there but it hadn't come together in a cohesive effort before. Until Thursday. Practice Thursday was FLAWLESS. They performed the routine 5 successful times with only the most minor of errors. I didn't know which squad was going to show up on Saturday!

We were up against some of the strongest competition in WI. I had gone into the competition hoping to place in the top 3 and was sure I'd be happy with top 3. Come awards on Saturday - I had the itch. I wanted so badly to win.

Overall, the weekend was perfect. I got emotional more than I thought I would. It reminded me just how much I'll miss being involved in the program. It made all the hard work seem worth it. And when they announced New Berlin Eisenhower as State Champs, I cried my eyes out. I was so proud of those 17 girls who came together as a squad. Proud of my co-coach and I for having the patience to get them there. It was just as amazing of a feeling as I remembered it to be.

And my, oh my, it was the best way to go out possible! On top!

I'm hoping to get the video soon...I know you're all dying to see it! :)

(side note: I'm one of the 5 blurs at the front of the stage - nonstop jumping up and down! I can't remember the last time I was freaking out that much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment