Fooled me. Here is a list of why today does in fact NOT suck:
- I didn't think I had anything at home to bring for lunch, until I woke up in the morning and smelled deliciousness. Completely forgot I put a pot roast in the slow cooker before bed last night. Great surprise.
- I went and weighed in and not only am I down another 1 1/2 pounds, I also hit my first goal I had set for myself and am now down 11.6 pounds total. Great surprise.
- Someone complimented my sassy red high heels on the way out of weigh-in. (I wore them on purpose, anticipating the bummer day). Then someone else complimented me on my way into the office. Then two more when I got IN the office. And then, the women in my department all took a break from their work to come and admire my super fun & sassy red high heels. And that was all before 11:00 a.m.
- Work has been made easier by the most random string of music ever from my ipod...it started w/ Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline and then went a little something like this: tom petty > Tupac > Wilco > Michael Buble > CSNY > White Stripes > Umphrey's McGee > Kings of Leon > Temptations...loves it.
- My day is going by extremely fast which means the time between me without a glass of wine in my hand and me WITH a glass of wine in my hand is getting smaller and smaller.
Guess you shouldn't anticipate shitty days because you never know what they'll bring you. Or maybe I SHOULD anticipate they'll suck because then little things like compliments on my shoes make me feel great about the day!