Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring has sprung.

This is what I saw as I stepped out my front door yesterday to let the dog out. I was a little down, feeling a little defeated and a whole lot unsure of everything. But this is what was literally two steps out the front door to greet me. My first tulips, first bloom of anything in my flower bed. And with that, my face overruled my emotions and let out a big, encompassing, whole hearted, & happy smile.

I do this with each change of the season. I forget how much I love it. I'm most familiar with Fall & forgetting how much I love him. (Yeah, Fall & Winter are boys and Spring & Summer are girls. duh). It's always right when that season starts coming around that I remember how much it changes me within. It's when that change of season helps change my life that I'm convinced that I couldn't possibly live somewhere without changes of seasons.

These tulips reminded me what I love about Spring. Everything comes to life in Spring. Things bloom. Brown, dead looking things become green and alive looking things. People come to life! Upon sipping some Summer Shandies (that's right kids, it's Shandy Season!) on a patio this past weekend amidst beautiful weather, my good friend said, this is the kind of weather that makes you want to live. And she's right - you could see people coming out of the woodwork this past weekend. Soaking up the good weather - embracing the coming seasons.

And right now...I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in thinking we could all use a little more living. A little more pick me up. A little more tulips blooming in the front yard.

(p.s. TOTALLY aware the sappy level has risen to extremely high amounts lately - it'll pass, I swear).

No comments:

Post a Comment